On 28 May 1871, 147 Communard prisoners were lined up against the wall presently marking the boundary of the cemetery and summarily shot. Their bodies were thrown into a mass grave in front of the wall that marks the edge of this part of the cemetery (the original wall was replaced long ago). Located in D76 just off of Avenue Circulaire.
Taken in late May, year unknown but before 1907. The grave barely noticeabl to the lower left is probably that of Reties
. . . and in 2009: