Right off of Avenue Circulaire in division 64 is the Memorial to the Soldiers Who Died During the Siege of Paris, 1870–1871. Designed by A. Rivière, this monument (c. 1873) consists of four life-size statues:
- l’Artilleur/Artilleryman, by J. B. C. E. Power;
- Soldat de la ligne/Soldier of the Line, by Louis Schrœder;
- Le Garde mobile/Mobile Guard, by Camille Lefèvre;
- Fusilier marin/Marine, also by Louis Schrœder.
First image from c. 1900:
and from 2006: