Val de Grâce
METRO/rer: Port Royal, LINE B
The chapel of Sainte-Anne in the church once housed the hearts of members of the French royal families. Following the Revolution of 1789 the chapel was defaced and the remains removed and cast aside. In 1796 the church was turned into a military hospital; in 1979 the hospital was moved to a much larger space nearby.
The church now houses the museum of the military health services. Former military physician François Broussais is interred here (1772-1838.
See Bertrand Beyerns's Guide des tombes d'hommes célébres (2008 163-64).